Since professional air duct cleaning can cost you a small fortune, knowing how to clean your air ducts can save you lots of money. Is it an important household task? Probably no. Can I do it myself? Certainly!
How To Clean Your Air Ducts On Your Own
When you decide to clean your air ducts on your own, you will be extremely surprised by the amounts of spider webs and dust that’s settle down there for years. You will notice fewer dust amounts settling down on your furniture surfaces after finishing your cleaning.
If you have forced air coming out of your air ducts that are filled with pet hair, dust, or debris, why to deal with such things?
Fortunately, air duct cleaning isn’t that much hard especially if you use the proper tools and follow the following directions. Of course, you will not be able to reach the deep parts of your ducts as professional cleaners, but that’s fine as most of the dust & debris are at the beginning anyway and you can reach this spot easily.
Cleaning Your Air Ducts Tips
· You can use this technique to clean cold air that returns.
· Only deep cleaning can be done once or twice yearly. Clean your ducts monthly by lifting the register and vacuum all dirt, dust, and debris that you can see.
· If you have pets or small kids, you must think of owning air duct filters.
· Make certain that you change your HVAC air filters right after you clean your ducts.
Tools that you will need
· Vacuuming cleaner with a hose
· Dust brush
· Rotary dryer vent brush cleaner
· Cordless drill
· Microfiber cleaning cloths