Can Dirty Air Ducts Make You Sick?
For those who neglect air duct cleaning, you need to have in mind the consequences that a dirty environment can cause to your health as allergy, lethargy, and nasal congestion.
With technology improvements, people started to realize the dangerous hazards & effects of air pollution. Many people now seek to enhance their indoor air quality to breathe fresh & clean air through regular air duct cleaning.
Routine air duct cleaning will remove all pollutants as dirt & dust inside your house’s cooling & heating systems. Here are some of the important signs that indicate that your air duct needs quick cleaning:
- Mold Growth Inside the Air Duct.
- Small Unwanted Insects & Pests Appearance Inside the Air Ducts.
- Clogged Ducts with Dust & Other Debris.
Can Dirty Ducts Affect Your Health & Make You Sick?
- Dirty air ducts can decrease the air quality & cleanliness of your indoor home environment. When you keep your ducts clean, you will notice the difference. As you will start breathing in healthy air that affects your family members’ health positively.
- When you neglect such a problem, it will lead to serious consequences as making you sick &suffering from allergy, coughing, colds, and sore throat. This is the main reason behind the necessity of air duct cleaning as it affects the health of newborns, kids, and elders.
- Also, when your air ducts are not clean, pet dander, pollen, and dust will get stuck to the ducts. As when you use your ducts, the air will be full of these particles that will spread all over your house. Breathing such harmful particles may not cause just allergy but also may lead to severe respiratory problems.
- Dirty ducts can speed up your aging process! Do you ever felt that you are extremely tired but don’t know why? Probably the cause is that you are breathing in harmful things that have been there for months.
- It creates bad musty odors because of the mildew & mold creation. This may not be noticeable for you because you experience this daily, however, it will be obvious to your guests when coming to your home.
- Finally, it affects the functioning of your heating & cooling systems As debris & dust can slow down the function of these systems. When your system stops working, the air no longer will be filtered. You will end up breathing in more harmful things that increase your chances of being sick.
Advantages of Regular Air Duct Cleaning
Cleaning air ducts is part of your house’s image & maintenance. Whenever you suspect that your HVAC system not functioning very well, it’s recommended to get your ducts cleaned & inspected by professional cleaners. For fresh & clean air ducts, set your appointment with us today!